BAL Consulting P/L™ WebMate is a new service for web-enabling your core IT applications. WebMate provides a universal browser user interface for core legacy applications and Internet-Intranet-Extranet I2E access including managed routers, firewalls, RADIUS servers and secure mobile computing to extend the economic life of many core applications by five-to-ten years.
The key advantages of our WebMate are:
- Save at least $30m to $40m for an investment often less than $1m by extending the economic life of your IT assets by 5-to-10 years for an asset base of $100m for a commercial interest rate of 6-7%.
- Your core IT assets have high availability and operational efficiency, especially if mainframe or large UNIX server based as opposed to any replacement application with months if not years of teething problems.
- Legacy databases are often your key assets with data collected and purified over years of successful operation. WebMate allows you to retain your data where it is and avoid the high costs and dangers with data migration.
- Any replacement project jeopardises, especially if outsourced, your future and may cause great stress to your staff. Some 90% of all replacement projects fail. In the lead up to replacements often accompanied by massive cost overruns, your existing IT infrastructure gets badly run down. The money and motivation to fully maintaining your IT simply are not there to ensure a smooth transition. A failed outsourcing exercise is often very difficult insource after becoming operational for the 10% of replacement projects that ever become operational.
- You do not want to rock the boat before year 2000 by adventuring into replacements.
- Most replacements such as SAP or People Soft technologies often do not address the requirements for universal web-browser interface, enabled by Telstra for Internet-Intranet-Extranet I2E and mobile access but yet maintaining existing or higher levels of security.
- BAL is working with leading vendors and system houses as our key business partner in web-enabling core IT assets.
- BAL's WebMate is targeted at IBM mainframe and large UNIX server core applications. For example, IBM technologies for web-enabling support CICS, DB2 and IMS.
- WebMate is backed by a complete methodology.
BAL Consulting P/L™. All rights reserved.
Buy | Contact | Email | Feedback | Legal | Map | Privacy | Search+ | Talent | Tools top